Corporate Division Overview
The Private, Wealth & Commercial Clients (PW&CC) Corporate Division combines the Bank's expertise in private and commercial banking as well as in wealth management solutions. We offer high-quality advice and a wide range of financial services in both the Bank’s home market in Germany and internationally. Our objective is to be an advisory bank with a global network, strong expertise in capital markets and financing solutions and cutting-edge digital services.
Our Corporate Division comprises the following business units:
The Private & Commercial Clients Germany (PCC Germany) Business Unit focuses on private and commercial clients in Germany. For small and medium-sized corporate clients, we offer an integrated commercial banking coverage model improving client proximity and cross-divisional collaboration by leveraging the expertise of Deutsche Bank Group.
The Private & Commercial Clients International (PCC International) Business Unit provides banking and other financial services to private, commercial and corporate clients in Europe and India. In Europe, we operate in five major banking markets: Italy, Spain, Belgium, Portugal and Poland.
The Wealth Management Business Unit serves wealth, high-net-worth (HNW) and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) individuals and family offices, offering our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and solutions, as well as lending and deposit products. Leveraging our global network and expertise from across Deutsche Bank, we provide capital markets expertise and international solutions tailored to the individual needs of clients. These include wealth planning over generations and international borders, discretionary portfolio management, structured risk management as well as the development of bespoke solutions for individuals or selected institutions in close collaboration with experts in Global Markets, Corporate & Investment Banking and Asset Management.
We have made the following significant capital expenditures or divestitures since January 1, 2014:
On December 28, 2015, we agreed to sell our entire 19.99 % stake in Hua Xia Bank Company Limited (“Hua Xia”) to PICC Property and Casualty Company Limited (“PICC Property & Casualty”). The completion of the transaction was subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals, including that of the China Banking Regulatory Commission, which granted its approval for PICC Property and Casualty to acquire Deutsche Bank’s stake in Hua Xia in the fourth quarter 2016.
In the fourth quarter 2015 Deutsche Bank Group announced that it had entered into a definitive asset purchase agreement to sell its US Private Client Services (PCS) unit to Raymond James Financial, Inc. In September 2016 the transaction was completed successfully.
In November 2015, Visa Inc. announced a definitive agreement to acquire Visa Europe Limited. As part of this acquisition Visa Europe Limited requested all its shareholders, which included several Deutsche Bank Group entities, to return their shares against consideration. Deutsche Bank returned its shares in Visa Europe Limited in January 2016 and received the cash and preferred shares consideration at closing on June 21, 2016 as well as an entitlement to a deferred cash payment including interest upon the third anniversary of the closing date.
In October 2014, we contributed ownership of the real estate of 90 retail banking branches in Italy to a closed-end institutional real estate fund, Italian Banking Fund (IBF), managed by Hines Italy SGR. The contributed real estate had a total value of € 134 million and will mostly be leased back for a period of at least 12 years.
In May 2014, we completed the sale of a 20.2 % stake in Deutsche Herold AG to Zürich Beteiligungs AG, a subsidiary of Zurich Insurance Group AG. We acquired the 20.2 % stake from a third party immediately ahead of selling it to Zurich. 15.2 % of the disposal to Zurich was based on a share purchase agreement that was entered into by Deutsche Bank and Zurich in 2001. The remaining 5.0 % stake was sold due to Zurich exercising a call option.
Products and Services
We provide banking and other financial services ranging from comprehensive services for retail clients, to solutions for clients in Private Banking and Wealth Management, to business and commercial client coverage.
Our PCC Germany and PCC International Business Units offer a similar range of products and services throughout Europe and India with some variations among countries that are driven by local market, regulatory and customer requirements. Products and services include payment and current account services, investment and insurance products, deposits as well as credit products. For small and medium-sized clients, the PCC Business Units additionally offer mid-cap related products provided by other divisions as part of our mid-cap joint venture within Deutsche Bank.
Our Wealth Management Business Unit offers customized wealth management solutions and private banking services, including discretionary portfolio management and traditional and alternative investment solutions, complemented by structured risk management, wealth planning, lending and family office services.
Distribution Channels and Marketing
We follow an omni-channel approach to optimize accessibility and availability of services for our customers. The expansion of digital capabilities remains a strong focus across all our businesses.
PCC Germany and PCC International:
- Branches: Within branches, the PCC Business Units generally offer the entire range of products and advice. The branch network is supported by Customer Contact Centers and Self-service Terminals.
- Advisory Centers: The Advisory Centers in Germany represent a connection between the branches and our digital offerings to ensure a holistic service and advice for our private and commercial clients independent of branch opening hours.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Websites of the PCC Business Units offer clients a broad variety of product information and services including interactive tools, tutorials as well as rich media content. They also provide a high performing transaction-platform for banking, brokerage and self-services, combined with a highly frequented multi-mobile offering for smartphones and tablets.
- Financial Agents / Third party distributors: In most countries, the PCC Business Units additionally provide banking products and services through self-employed financial agents as well as through third-party distributors.
- Global Coverage/Advisory teams: These teams manage client relationships, provide advice and assist clients to access WM’s products and services. To ensure holistic service and advice, all wealth management clients have a single point of access, with dedicated teams serving specific client groups.
- Key Client Partners (KCP): For qualified ultra-high-net-worth clients, Key Client Partners (KCP) provide tailored solutions and investment opportunities across a full range of asset classes. Capabilities include – but are not limited to – private markets, financing solutions, non-core assets, special situation alternatives and capital markets solutions.