44 – Supplementary Information to the Consolidated Financial Statements according to Section 315a HGB

Staff Costs

in € m.

2013

20121

1

Comparative figures for 2012 are adjusted for the impact by application of IAS 19R.

Staff costs:

 

 

Wages and salaries

10,406

11,398

Social security costs

1,923

2,092

thereof: those relating to pensions

615

642

Total

12,329

13,940

Staff

The average number of effective staff employed in 2013 was 97,991 (2012: 100,380) of whom 43,488 (2012: 44,047) were women. Part-time staff is included in these figures proportionately. An average of 51,323 (2012: 53,236) staff members worked outside Germany.

Management Board and Supervisory Board Remuneration

The total compensation of the Management Board was € 36,890,500 and € 23,681,498 for the years ended December 31, 2013 and 2012, respectively, thereof € 24,947,250 and € 12,678,563 for variable components.

Former members of the Management Board of Deutsche Bank AG or their surviving dependents received € 31,933,691 and € 27,406,637 for the years ended December 31, 2013 and 2012, respectively.

The compensation principles for Supervisory Board members are set forth in our Articles of Association. New compensation provisions were last amended at our Annual General Meeting on May 23, 2013, effective from January 1, 2013. The members of the Supervisory Board receive fixed annual compensation. The annual base compensation amounts to € 100,000 for each Supervisory Board member. The Supervisory Board Chairman receives twice that amount and the Deputy Chairperson one and a half times that amount. Members and chairs of the committees of the Supervisory Board are paid additional fixed annual compensation. 75% of the compensation determined is disbursed to each Supervisory Board member after submitting invoices in February of the following year. The other 25% is converted by the company at the same time into company shares (virtual shares) according to the provisions of the Articles of Association. The share value of this number of shares is paid to the respective Supervisory Board member in February of the year following his departure from the Supervisory Board or the expiration of his term of office according to the provisions of the Articles of Association, provided that the member does not leave the Supervisory Board due to important cause which would have justified dismissal. In case of a change in Supervisory Board membership during the year, compensation for the financial year will be paid on a pro rata basis, rounded up/down to full months. For the year of departure, the entire compensation is paid in cash; a forfeiture regulation applies to 25% of the compensation for that financial year. The members of the Supervisory Board received for the financial year 2013 a total remuneration of € 3,862,500, of which € 2,912,635 were paid out in February 2014 according to the provisions of the Articles of Association.

For the Supervisory Board compensation for the financial year 2012 the following provisions applied: In January 2013, Deutsche Bank paid each Supervisory Board member the fixed portion of their remuneration and meeting fees for services in 2012. A remuneration linked to Deutsche Bank’s long-term performance as well as a dividend-based bonus were not paid for the financial year 2012. For the financial year 2012 the Supervisory Board received a total remuneration of € 2,335,000.

Provisions for pension obligations to former members of the Management Board and their surviving dependents amounted to € 200,878,857 and € 214,572,881 at December 31, 2013 and 2012, respectively.

Loans and advances granted and contingent liabilities assumed for members of the Management Board amounted to € 2,646,301 and € 2,926,223 and for members of the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Bank AG to € 1,010,814 and € 4,435,782 for the years ended December 31, 2013 and 2012, respectively. Members of the Supervisory Board repaid € 1,798,525 loans in 2013.

Corporate Governance

Deutsche Bank AG has approved the Declaration of Conformity in accordance with section 161 of the German Corporation Act (AktG). The declaration is published on Deutsche Bank’s website.

Principal Accountant Fees and Services

Breakdown of the fees charged by the Group’s auditor

Fee category in € m.

2013

2012

Audit fees

55

50

thereof to KPMG AG

31

25

Audit-related fees

16

19

thereof to KPMG AG

12

12

Tax-related fees

8

7

thereof to KPMG AG

2

3

All other fees

0

1

thereof to KPMG AG

0

0

Total fees

79

76